Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Missing Ingredients

Tonight I was reminded that you dont realize how much you miss somthing until you don't have it anymore.

I have no butter.

I was going to make pasta and meatballs for dinner , I was going to make black beans and rice and chicken. I was going to make freakin' toast when I got desperate!

Alas, there is no butter. I pondered the possibility of leaving to obtain said butter only to remember that if I leave this apartment I have to get gas immediatly. So to obtain butter I must put myself in imminet danger from small down zombies at the gas station AND the grocery store (and the only one open at this hour is Walmart). No Thank You!!

Instead, I opted to have a fiber one bar, some yogurt covered pretzels and mini cheese wheel. Yum!

If I got snowed in here I would definitely only make it three days and, unwilling to leave the comforts of my rented rooms for fear of the inevitable head injury after a fall on the ice, I would be found clinging to my last bag of popcorn hoping for somone to rescue me with a hot meal. Before I got married I used to eat popcorn for dinner and then I got married to a gourmet cook and things changed. Now that I'm riding solo a few days a week without my live-in chef, I worry that I won't be able to find the milk aisle, I wander around the store grasping at packages, fearful of buying anything that might get moldy because I can't conceptualize when food might go bad on my own.

The ice from the storm has decided to drain right outside my window so all I can hear is drip, drip , drip. When you're alone, there's no one to wake up and say "Do you hear that ?" to and them reply "It's nothing, go back to bed." It's just you in your little bed with growing confidence that it's the town strangler, coming for you.

I left my guitar at home thinking it would be a distraction. Maybe if I had brought it I could barter a song for some butter. I am VERY good at writing pointless songs. but then I would probably get a huge following and what with the crowds and the photos and the inevitable stalkers. It's not for me.

Reason #1 to never be alone - an overactive imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment