Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Cold Blacks

If Holly Golightly can make up her own mood (The mean reds) than so can I!
Today being just a horrible day, I've decided to describe this emotion as the Cold Blacks.

The Blues wont cut it for me today cause it didn't rain and I wasn't depressed.

If you've ever watched Breakfast at Tiffanys then you know that the Mean Red's happen when you are suddenly afraid and you don't know why. Thank goodness I wasn't suffering from this malady as the only known cure is Breakfast at Tiffanys and I'm pretty sure the closest thing to Tiffanys in this "city" is the jewelry counter at Walmart.


With no other suitable alternative, I decided to make up my own Color-me-emotion, "The Cold Blacks."
You know you've got a case of the Cold Blacks when everything bad that happens to you in a day is like iron entering your soul. The day is bleak before you, but the sun insists on shining. Instead of sinking into a respectable depression, you become angry at the unfolding events until you are filled with a dark and scary rage.

Thank goodness sadness and anger are expressed by me in an identical fashion. I cry. The cure it seems is ice cream, chocolate, good friends and reggae music.

This may sound extreme but when the day unfolds with one disappointment after another culminating in breaking a guitar string and suffering the unyielding torture of stats class, you come to realize there's a sinister emotion lurking deep within demanding to be named.

Last nights/ Todays adventure in being alone was realizing that I'm tired of my small adventures. I miss my husband, dog and house. I can't wait for the end of the school year.

I just hope I can keep the "Cold Blacks" at bay until then.

-Hoping for a better tomorrow-

No comments:

Post a Comment